20140731

ICECREAM 2: MORE I-SCREAMING NEWS

Summer is trying to put in an appearance just to be pushed away by another Cold 

Front. 

The time for #ICECREAM-eating is approaching.

Personally I prefer icecream in Winter. It is too rich for Summer. It is an anomally 

that I even consume it given that I cannot stand milk - it all smells 'off' to me. Cream

in any food must not be more than a hint lest I turn a shade green. I like to eat #icecream 

very cold, hard, to bite through it.

My Dad taught me many things & how to consume an icecream cone was one. We 

liked the ones from 'The Doll's House', a drive-in restaurant. The cone was not the 

superior sugar cone but the icecream was a textured scoop of firm heaven. Dad 

showed me how to finish  it before melted over my fingers & made a mess & got 'milky'. 

One nibbled the top of the icecream scoop & then around the rim of the cone. Then

one tongued the ball of icecream down. So it went as the whole thing got smaller +

smaller until one was left with a miniature crunchy cone + icecream to the very end! 

When a famous brand of 'icecream' - named for part of a building structure - put in 

an appearance, Dad declared it was made of soap. He was not far off the mark as 

it was, like soap, full of palm oil. It was slick  & softish &  very sweet.

At that time the Icecream Van started to show up - it played a bing-bong tune.  From

a bus-like window a man (White) dispensed  a foam-like substance (white) into a cone.

It was soft + fluffy + not too cold . As far as we were concerned this was not icecream 

at all.....................................  







No comments:

Post a Comment